It’s no secret that I have a MASSIVE sweet tooth. No matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to permanently shake my sugar cravings even when I’m on a strict healthy eating regime.
But the good news is – I don’t have to completely give up delicious treats on a diet.
Luckily, I have a super talented chef sister who has created the most scrumptious chocolatey protein ball recipe ever. I might be being biased (she is my sister afterall!) but if you want to try them out for yourself, just follow this easy recipe. You WON’T be disappointed.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 tspn cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (the one I’ve used here is Whey 100 Ultimate Chocolate powder – possibly one of the best proteins I’ve ever had)
- (Optional) 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Using a food processor, add all the ingredients (except the desiccated coconut, if desired).
- Blend all the ingredients until a good consistency to roll into balls. Be sure to watch the mixture closely as the mixture changes quickly & can be too gooey!
- Roll into balls and, if desired, roll the balls in the desiccated coconut.
- Store in the fridge!
Note** In the batch pictured in this post I haven’t used the desiccated coconut and made two batches.